Poomsae and Sparring Divisions will follow USAT age and belt divisions. Divisions (except Cadet, Junior, Senior black belts) will be divided into a division of 4 competitors.
USA Taekwondo Kyorugi Competition Rules From January 1 2015 V2.pdf
4-5 year old
6-7 year old
8-9 year old
10-11 year old
12-14 year old
15-17 year old
17-32 year old
WEAPONS CREATIVE POOMSAE DIVISIONS
Side Kick and Back turning Kick (Back Kick) Breaking Event
Kicking technique should be followed as in the Kukkiwon textbook.
- Method of contest: Ranking system (More breaking gets higher rank.)
- Contest time: 30 seconds or less
- Attire: Approved Dobok
- Compulsory Provisions
- Targets used in breaking events must be those authorized by the Organizing Committee.
- In principle, the foot cannot be covered by bandages or any other materials.
- Use of any materials covering the foot due to injury must be approved by the Referee.
- Side Kick breaking must be done with the sole of the foot or outer part of the foot.
- The height of breaking materials must be higher than the contestant's waist.
- Breaking is conducted only once.
- Technique will be allowed for the following acts:
- Contestants are permitted to lift one foot off of the ground while applying their technique.
- Contestants are permitted to apply their technique using either their front foot or back foot.
- Warning penalties are given to the followingacts:
- Disturbing another contestant's performance
- Disobeying the Referee's instruction
- Deduction penalties are given to the following acts:
- Touching the ground with any part other than the foot after breaking
- Exceeding the contest time: Deduct one point for each ten seconds.
- Disqualification penalties are given to the following acts:
- The competitor's name is different than what is on the Contestants List.
- Falling down afterbreaking
- Breaking in any dishonest way
individual Creative Breaking
- Method of contest: Ranking system based on scoring criteria below.
- Contest time: 60 seconds for preparation and 60 seconds for execution when referee states Shi-jak
- Attire: Approved Dobok
- Maximum amount of boards is 10. The minimum is 1.
- Boards will be provided bytournament committee
- No alterations are allowed. Such as adding a board fragment.
- No props may be used
- Each board may be attempted to break three times.
- Scoring criteria:
- Every contestant starts with 50 base points
- 10 points for creativity and difficulty
- 10 points for execution
- 10 points for presentation
- 10 points for Taekwondo spirit
- 1-point penalty for every second exceeding the time limit in either preparation or performance
- 1-point penalty for every attempt after the first
- 1-point penalty for going out of bounds
- 1 point for unsportsmanlike conduct